- Dual CPU sockets for 3rd gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors with 8 to 40 powerful cores, up to 270W
- 20 DDR4-3200 R-DIMM for up to 1280GB of memory
- 8 expandable LAN modules in support of 1GbE/10GbE/25GbE/40GbE/Fiber/Copper/Bypass
- Supports 100Gb Ethernet module with Intel® Ethernet controller E810 (AX93357/AX93358)
- First PCIe 4.0 ready platform
- Supports onboard IPMI (optional)
- Intel® Crypto Acceleration (Intel® C627A)
The NA870 is powered by the dual LGA4189 sockets 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon scalable processors (code name: Ice Lake-SP) with the Intel® C621A or C627A chipset. It can manage numerous connected computers through the integration of up to eight expandable NIC modules. The Intel® Ice lake processors with Intel® Crypto Acceleration technology ensure that the NA870 delivers a perfect mixture of performance, flexibility, and security for cloud-scale computing, AI, 5G networks, HPC workloads, and multi-access edge computing (MEC) applications. The dual-processor-based NA870 features two Gigabit Ethernet ports and eight expandable NIC modules with 1 GbE/10 GbE/Fiber/Copper/Bypass support for a maximum of sixty-six LAN ports. Moreover, the NA870 is equipped with twenty DDR4-3200 R-DIMM slots with a memory capacity of up to 1280GB. The server-grade network appliance platform also has two hot-swappable 2.5-inch SATA HDD trays at the front of the system and two M.2 Key M 2242/2280 supporting PCIe and SATA signal for storage expansions. Two PCIe x16 expansion slots are available for an add-in riser card.